Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite and downloads

I have been having all sorts of problems when downloading something from the internet to my Mack INtel. I am told I successfully downloaded the Adobe Flash Player update only to find I cannot locate it anywhere on the computer. This happened too when after downloading (successfully--supposedly) a program to help me add music from iTunes to my iPod (which has been almost impossible lately). I am stymied ever since i took on the Yosemite disaster.

Please have some patience with me: I'm an illiterate old man with little understanding of this area of expertise. Thanks for your patience once again.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 3.06 GHz INtel Core 2 Duo; 4 GB 1067 MHz Ram

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:55 AM

10 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:42 AM in response to Randall De Trinis1

Do you have the icon for the Mac on your desktop? I think it will be named Macintosh HD by default but you might have given it a new name. Double click to open the hard disk. Open the Users folder.

Inside the users folder will be your Home folder. It has the House icon. Open that folder and you should see several folders one of which should be the Downloads folder.

Mar 29, 2015 2:39 AM in response to Ralph9430

I finally got around to doing this and lo and behold the message is that the item IS installed. Amazing if true. Then I got a notice:" Install Adobe Flash Player wants to make changes". They want me to put in my password. This always confuses me. What password should I use? I don't have one solely related to the Flash Player. My Apple password doesn't work here.

Once again thanks for this help.

Mar 30, 2015 3:09 AM in response to picas

Haven't gotten back to the original question regarding Adobe but your latest suggestion to use my Mac ID cleared up another dark spot in my cyber experience.

I've had an iPod Classic for some time and had been unable to correct a problem I had with it. I sent it off to someone who found that there was nothing wrong with the iPod but said little can be done to fix it's basic problems. They returned it to me and I tried to clear it all out and start again BUT I couldn't remember the password which would permit this. I used the one you suggested and the Classic is working like never before. Amazing and thanks once again.

Going to get to the original problem with the Adobe stuff shortly. Have a great day.

Yosemite and downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.