Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to write to my iPhoto library or access iTunes

I am unable to access my iPhoto library. Each time I click on the icon to launch it a message pops up that says "Unable to write to iPhoto library. Check that you have permission to write to the library directory". It was working fine on Saturday and was able to access photos and also move some to a portable hard drive.

For iTunes, it simply states "The iTunes application could not be opened, an unknown error occurred 13014".

I've tried checking system preferences for something as I did have to change my password when I got a notification that someone accessed my Apple ID on Friday and if it wasn't me I should change the password, so I did (after confirming it wasn't spam and did indeed come from Apple). Since then I've had many many issues, but these are the biggest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:48 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 6:41 AM in response to aliciaLeeshY

Where is your iPhoto library located?

I did have to change my password when I got a notification that someone accessed my Apple ID on Friday and if it wasn't me I should change the password, so I did (after confirming it wasn't spam and did indeed come from Apple)

What exactly was that message, how did you "confirm" that it came from Apple and was not SPAM and how did you "change your AppleID password" - logging into Apple or clicking a link in that message?

You may have installed Malwear on your computer - as suggestion NEVER click on a link in a message like that - always go directly the the appropriate web site do not use the line in any message like that

LN

Mar 25, 2015 9:47 AM in response to aliciaLeeshY

Is your library located in the Pictures folder? See if you can do the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #1, Repair Permissions, followed by Option #4, Rebuild Database if necessary.

Also to see if you've inadvertently installed some malware or adware download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

User uploaded file

Unable to write to my iPhoto library or access iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.