Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning disk Problems. Toast/Compressor

So I'm burning a movie I made onto a DVD from a prores 422 quicktime file using toast and/or compressor and the disk is always messed up.

When burning with compressor the disk gets stuck about halfway through playback, after the burn is complete. I can skip past this part on my DVD player using by fast forwarding.

When burning with Toast the beginning of the movie on the disk skips frames or is pixelated for about 5 seconds. The rest of the movie plays fine and normal

I'm using a samsung BD/DVD burner.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:12 AM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2015 4:22 AM in response to Nothapy

This is hard because playback issues can be caused by a variety of things:including the physical media (which might be one defective disk, a batch, or just a sub-standard brand); or the DVD player; or an excessively high bit rate that the player can't easily read, or (less frequently) difficult content that the compression process had trouble encoding.

I would start by trying another player.

Since you did two separate burns, it's not a problem with a specific disk. But if switching players doesn't work, try a different brand – say, Verbatim, Maxell, or JVC Taiyo Uden.

If neither of the above works, then try a lower nit rate setting - say, 7.2 Mbs max, and perhaps put in a compression marker or two at the places in your movie where the playback freezes.

Let us know.

Russ

edit: Oh no…forgot to list the burner as a potential cause!

Burning disk Problems. Toast/Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.