Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpaid Apple apps

im downloading free applications and the payment information is required !! And suddenly it took me out from the store whenever I try to install ana app, it's so frustrating

a couple of of years a go I purchased few applications from another country but I didn't even touch them for the time being

iits been couple of weeks now and still same problem

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:13 AM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 9:35 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank u so much for replaying me

what am saying is that whenever I download a free app a payment information confirmation is asked while my method is non ! It's says you have to pay for the apps I installed before

i checked my purchased history and there is no any bill or paid app has been downloaded

but there is a paid apps I have purchased couple of years ago 2012-2013 but I didn't download them on my devices from long time

i don't have any credit card to enter nor iTunes gift card

i I don't knw what to do

Mar 25, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Lylaa

What exactly do you see when trying to download an app, what messages show ?

Asking for payment details is a way of checking that you have a valid billing address in that country and are able to use its store. If you've moved countries then you may be asked for card details, as per the page that you posted from - after entering the card's details you should be able to remove it (the card won't be charged for downloading a free app, though you may see a temporary store holding charge appear on it which your card issuer should remove within a few days or so).

Mar 25, 2015 9:47 AM in response to Lylaa

What is the exact message that you are seeing when trying to download an app ? Being asked for card details does not mean that you are being asked to pay for the apps, it's a way of confirming that you have a valid billing address in that country, and could be because you've moved countries (have you downloaded anything since moving countries ?). Depending upon what you are actually seeing and if you don't have a payment method for your country, then you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can stop the prompt : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

As well as being tied to the account, all content, including apps, are tied to the country that they were downloaded in. For apps you might be able to redownload them for free - though they might show a price button against them in the store, people (who have moved countries) have posted that when clicking on the price they get a popup saying that they've already purchased the app and would they like to redownload it for free (as I haven't moved countries I can't confirm it).

Unpaid Apple apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.