Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add Epson xp-200 series printer to Macbook Air

Hi all,

hoping someone can help me with this before I throw either the macbook or the printer out the window in frustration!

I recently purchased a new Epson XP-200 series printer and try as I might I cannot get it to connect to my Macbook Air either via wi-fi or USB. I have used both the CD that came with the printer and downloaded the software online. Currently when I have the USB connected the computer recognises that the printer is there but when I try to add the printer it attempts to update the software, then tells me that it cannot as the software is not currently available on the server. I cannot get past this step as the computer won't let me add the printer without updating the software and Apple then tells me it doesn't have the software available despite their website telling me it is and also despite me downloading it from the web.

Can someone please help me get past this issue!

The reason that I bought a new printer was that my previous HP WIFI printer one day just stopped working, or should i say disconnected form the computer and i couldn't reconnect it, I assumed it was the printer, but given that I can still copy on it I'm now thinking it was a computer issue, or one of the OS upgrades to be more precise that caused the issue!

iPad Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 1:14 PM in response to scoots266

In what context do you see "the software upgrade"?

Is it trying to update firmware on your Epson printer?

Is it trying to update some software on your Mac? That would be highly unlikely since the download link I sent you has the latest software.

To update firmware on your Epson, get the Epson iPrint app for your iPad from the iOS App Store. (By the way, does your iPad connect to the Epson using AIrPrint? Assuming it does ...)

Run Epson iPrint. Click the printer. Then click "Advanced Settings". Then do a firmware update from there.

Can't add Epson xp-200 series printer to Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.