Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6- restoring from icloud taking forever

Hi there,

I purchased an iPhone 6 last Monday and it has been restoring from iCloud backup since then. None of my music is fully downloaded and there are a bunch of apps I still can't access because they're still downloading from iCloud. I have solid internet at work and at home so I have no idea why this is taking so long, but it's frustrating not to have my stuff on my phone. Plus, I can't back up my phone to iCloud until the restore is done, so anything I've done in the last week and a half isn't backed up. Any suggestions, other than resetting the phone and restoring from iCloud again?

Thanks for your help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 6:52 AM

Greetings alemco11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that restoring from your iCloud backup is taking longer than you had expected. Restoring from an iCloud backup can take some time. I would recommend reading over the information in the attached article in this situation.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

The restore process is taking a long time to finish

The amount of time needed by the restore process depends on your geographical location and the speed of your Internet connection. Even with a fast Internet connection, the restore process might take 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte to complete.

If you're traveling between countries, the restore process might take longer than usual. iCloud is tuned to provide the best service when you're in the geographical location from which you most frequently connect to the Internet. When restoring from an iCloud backup, iCloud is tuned to provide the best service in the geographical region you were in when you created the backup.

Cheers,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 6:52 AM in response to alemco11

Greetings alemco11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that restoring from your iCloud backup is taking longer than you had expected. Restoring from an iCloud backup can take some time. I would recommend reading over the information in the attached article in this situation.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

The restore process is taking a long time to finish

The amount of time needed by the restore process depends on your geographical location and the speed of your Internet connection. Even with a fast Internet connection, the restore process might take 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte to complete.

If you're traveling between countries, the restore process might take longer than usual. iCloud is tuned to provide the best service when you're in the geographical location from which you most frequently connect to the Internet. When restoring from an iCloud backup, iCloud is tuned to provide the best service in the geographical region you were in when you created the backup.

Cheers,

Joe

New iPhone 6- restoring from icloud taking forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.