Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro Service Battery Options

Hi, I have a Mac Book Pro 5,5 mid 2009 13'.

The battery status shows up as "service battery". Can anyone tell me what are my options and also if I don't do anything, what are the consequences.

Here is my battery's info.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Macs for the Win.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:29 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Macs for the Win

Hi Macs for the Win,

If you are seeing a "Service Battery" status on your MacBook Pro, you may find the information outlined in the following article helpful:

Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally, and you may or may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds. Take your computer in for service. You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer.

OS X Yosemite: Battery conditions

For more general information about Mac notebook batteries, you may also find these articles useful:

Mac notebooks: All about batteries - Apple Support

Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Mac Book Pro Service Battery Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.