Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why was I logged in as a stranger!?

I just went to Apple.com to log in using my Apple ID. It was already logged in as a complete stranger. How did this happen and what do I need to do to protect my security?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:44 AM

16 replies

Mar 25, 2015 3:17 PM in response to ZHNStudio

All kidding aside... was the UserName " asfahan " by any chance?

If so, this is a known bug in the SiteWare that has affected many of us here - both new and old timers. asfahan [The Banned] was apparently a very bad boy(?) at one VERY short period of time and got himself permanently banned.

As you may expect, there has to be a LIST of banned AppleID/UserNames. My theory as to why asfahan [The Banned] is always the one displayed to us is because he is FIRST in the alphanumeric sort order of said list. If the SiteWare gets 'confused' as to something about YOU and becomes convinced you are banned, it checks the list for YOUR AppleID/UserName in writing you an error message - but you not being on the list, it serves up a message much like this as it happened to me trying to post a reply... You do get that being able to COMPOSE a post takes being logged in properly, right?

User uploaded file

and our great pal Aloha - bobseufert

User uploaded file

If your circumstance of merely visiting is accurate - can you remember the username if not our buddy asfahan?

ÇÇÇ

Why was I logged in as a stranger!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.