Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Streaming

HI I have 2TB new time capsule, and when ever im running my media server from mac to watch movies on my samsung tv, movie stream fine but at that time internet doesnt work at all...? Is that becasue ps4 media server cloges up wifi singnal ? Im usung ps4 media server on my mac and wireless stream movies to my tv ... thank you,

george

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:51 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 1:51 PM in response to George86

It should slow the internet but not stop it..

I recommend you redo the setup of the Time Capsule.

Make sure it has a short name with no spaces and pure alphanumerics. eg TCgen5

Then name the two wireless bands differently.. eg TC24ghz and TC5ghz

Then when you send video to the TV which is most likely going to use 2.4ghz since few TV will work on 5ghz.. connect your other device to 5ghz and check if the internet is still available.

I do not know what you mean by playing ps4 media server (what is this exactly.. Plex??)

Nor exactly what role the PS4 plays in this.. are you streaming to the PS4 or from media files on the PS4.

Whichever you do, getting enough capacity with wireless doing more than a single hop is painful and so you should have as much as possible connected by ethernet.

Media Streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.