Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is third party password software still needed

I use 1Password and it is a mess right now withe syncing because of where I purchased the same app versions from. App store & Agile bits is a no go.

Lots of workarounds and I am tired of it.

Do I still need it for banking online or is the Mac & Safari safe for password and data.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 16 GB ram

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 10:12 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 2:39 PM in response to jimicocobop

jimicocobop wrote:

Do I still need it for banking online or is the Mac & Safari safe for password and data.

That is totally up to you. Depends on how cyber paranoid and/or concerned you are. Or also if your bank has been hacked previously. 😉

Old school--- > Print it out & keep in a safe place. A place that ONLY you know about AND never forget.😉 Also helpful when you cannot get pass the log-in screen. 😉

Another good password manager utility is Dashlane. Best of all, it's FREE! I use it along w/1 Password.

Do a Google search for free password managers.

User uploaded file

Is third party password software still needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.