Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web development - unnecessary button on Apple webpage

Hello!

So recently i was surfing in Apples page and came across an unnecessary button on Apples page. It's located on the left top corner (25px from top and 25 px from left). I found it a fun discovery and hope it is just an unnecessary button, otherwise I will look dumb 😀.

The webpage is Start something new and i linked it below.

https://www.apple.com/start-something-new/

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 9:50 AM

9 replies

Mar 26, 2015 4:46 AM in response to cocolowlow

I don't see this in Safari 7.1.4; the source display is slightly different from your screenshot (not the content, the way it's displayed) leading me to suppose you are using an older version of Safari.

Plainly this shouldn't be showing; Apple's coding is (as always) extremely dense and the CSS file no better, so how this has happened I can't say. It's presumably a display bug. Safari does have the odd flakiness (some web pages don't work properly in it).

Mar 26, 2015 9:41 AM in response to cocolowlow

I can confirm that the cursor changes in Safari but nothing else happens. In Chrome for me the cursor changes, but the ghost button doesn't appear unless you view the code and then hover over that line in it (so that it highlights the element).

My guess would be that they've used a template page then modified it to suit the particular contents, but omitted to remove the redundant coding which produces this effect. That's one of the risks of using such complicated coding.

Web development - unnecessary button on Apple webpage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.