Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing new device with iTunes, asking for password from old email address (that no longer exists) my account was linked with, now I'm missing all purchased music from that era. How do I get it back?

Syncing new iPad and iPhone to iTunes 11.1 and asks for password from old email that previously was linked to my acc. I cant remember the password and the address is a work one that wouldn't exist anymore so now I'm missing all the music I puchased when the acc. Was linked with this email/password, is there any other way I can retrieve my old purchases?

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 9:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Eggsy78

Hi Eggsy78,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact text of the message you are getting or in what context you are being asked for this account information. If you are being prompted for an old Apple ID, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article regarding a similar issue helpful:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Syncing new device with iTunes, asking for password from old email address (that no longer exists) my account was linked with, now I'm missing all purchased music from that era. How do I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.