Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

idvd for osx 10

I purchased a Imac a few months ago. it operates on OSX 10.9.5. I want to install IDVD on it so that I can burn a movie I have made but every time I try I get an error message saying that it can't be installed on the computer. I have tried to reset the computer clock to pre license expiry and still get the same message. Anybody have a work around solution?

iDVD '08

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:13 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Canpass

From where/what are you installing? An iLife disk? If it's an iLife disk which iLife is it, 09 or 11? In order to get all of the themes iLife 09 is the only disk that will provide all themes.

What is the exact message? Can you post a screenshot of it? On one version one could just ignore the warning and continue with the Custom install.

Regardless of the iLife disk version one can use the demo version of Pacifist to selectively install the iDVD application and the Themes packages.

User uploaded file

Mar 25, 2015 10:16 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your quick reply. I have an Imac with an apple disk drive attached.

I insert the old grey startup disks with the bundled programs. On the screen I select custom install. I get a licence expired message and press continue then I get an Alert that says "you cannot install this software on your computer" I get the same message if I set the computer time back to before the licence expires.

idvd for osx 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.