Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 won't restore backup from previous iphone

i just got the iPhone 6 (64GB). Previously I had the iPhone 5s (32 GB). I have a backup from my iPhone 5s that I want to put on my 6, but it won't let me restore it To that. During the initial setup process it had the option, but told me I needed iOS 8.2 in order to use this backup, so I Set my iPhone up as a new iphone & updated it to 8.2. I havent Figured out how to restore my phone yet. Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:02 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:56 AM in response to EpicFaceO_O

Hello EpicFaceO_O,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to restore your new iPhone from your old iPhone’s backup, but were receiving the alert that your new iPhone needed to be updated to iOS 8.2. You are on the right path by setting up your new iPhone as new and updating the software to iOS 8.2. Once this has been done, you can now restore from the previous iPhone’s backup. Please use the attached article for information on how to restore from either an iTunes or iCloud backup, depending on where the original backup is located.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

iPhone 6 won't restore backup from previous iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.