Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burned archive CDs won't mount on OS 10.7.5

I have been archiving photos onto CDs for a few years, and most of them are fine. But there are 3 that won't mount (on 2009 iMac or 2007 MacBook both running OS 10.7.5), two from 2003 and one from 2005 (others from 2005 are fine). Does anyone have ideas about how to fix this? I've been googling for solutions without success.

Many thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:16 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 12:03 PM in response to noisycorner

CDs degrade over time and should not be used as a backup solution. I would recommend backing up your existing CDs to an external HD, there is no reason not to. High quality external HD's are relatively inexpensive, I recommend OWC (www.macsales.com) Mercury Elite Pro series.

As for the 3 CDs you have try them on another computer (PC or Mac), if they are jpg photos either type of computer should read them assuming the CDs are healthy.

burned archive CDs won't mount on OS 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.