Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost audio files after saving.

I lost my audio files after saving in Logic X and now my project file has the extension .logicx on it and my audio files are nowhere to be seen. I made some changes to the project, moved the file to another folder, then they asked if I wanted to replace the other file with the new and I said yes not thinking that it would matter. Is there any way that my audio files are still out there somewhere? And no I don't have time machine hooked up.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:49 PM

if you replaced that file.. then you have lost it's contents as they have all been replaced with the one you copied over... and as you have no backups you cannot, as they say.. un-scramble the egg...

Finally start making backups as soon as possible...

As the old saying goes...

"There are three things in life you can always count on.. Death.. Taxes...and you will need a backup of your computer data at some point"

🙂

Nigel

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 7:49 PM in response to dulcimer dude

if you replaced that file.. then you have lost it's contents as they have all been replaced with the one you copied over... and as you have no backups you cannot, as they say.. un-scramble the egg...

Finally start making backups as soon as possible...

As the old saying goes...

"There are three things in life you can always count on.. Death.. Taxes...and you will need a backup of your computer data at some point"

🙂

Nigel

Lost audio files after saving.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.