Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image off line

Hi

Any one know what image off line means and what to do about it. I have saved a Vault on an external drive.

Ta

2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Memory 8GB also Mac OS X now (10.7)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 10:15 AM

34 replies

Mar 25, 2015 10:58 AM in response to George Hilton

Image Off-Line means, that the original master file for an image version cannot be accessed by Aperture, because Aperture sees the volume with the original files as not mounted.

Aperture cannot edit images, where the original referenced image cannot be accessed.

To fix this, try to reconnect the missing originals.

Select the image in the Browser and then use the command "File > Locate Referenced File": The reconnect window will show you, where the missing original is supposed to be - look at the path below the thumbnail of the image. Then try to find the original file and select it in the file chooser in the lower part of the reconnect window.

If the file can be located, click "reconnect All".

See this page in the Aperture User Manual,

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=5%26sec tion=16%26hash=apple_ref:doc:uid:Apertur…

i.e. the paragraph "

Reconnecting Missing or Offline Referenced Images

"

Mar 25, 2015 11:36 AM in response to George Hilton

Tell us more about your Aperture library.

Dis you import your images as referenced, meaning you are storing the original files outside the Aperture library, or should your originals be inside the Aperture library?

What happened directly before you first had this problem? Did you move your Aperture library to a new location? Dis you update or upgrade software? Did you run any cleaning application to free storage?

Where did you find the three icons you posted in your previous post?

Mar 25, 2015 11:51 AM in response to George Hilton

The system has been updated and I did move the lidreary to an outside drive but they are the same on that as well?

You moved the library and the original referenced files to the new drive?

If you moved the referenced files using the Finder, then Aperture is still expecting the originals in the previous location. Usually you would use the command "File > Relocate" and let Aperture move the originals. That way, aperture knows where the files have been moved to.

Now you have to point Aperture to the folder with the originals you moved.

• Select all referenced files at once in the Browser.
  • Use the command "File > Locate Referenced Files"
  • In the panel that opens, select the first of the files that needs reconnecting.
  • In the lower part select the original file that you moved to the new drive.
  • When both files match, the reconnect all button should become active.
  • Click "Reconnect All".

Repeat, until all originals have been reconnected.

User uploaded file

Image off line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.