Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music unavailable in itunes on imac/Are communities still working?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjww3vsu8cmdmjg/Screenshot%202015-03-25%2011.13.49.png ?dl=0

Shows what my problem is. I have bought music, I can see and play it on iphone 6plus. I see it on iMac but it says unavailable and it won't play. It skips to the next available song in the list. This is very annoying. I bought the music so I want to listen to it obviously... and on my device of choice.

I tried to call Apple support but would have to pay 29 dollar for a possible answer from them, which I do not want to do. It should not cost me 29 dollar to need an answer. Next option is take a 45 minute drive to the El Paso store and hopefully get an answer there...

I tried several threads in the discussions but nobody seems to be able to help me or even reads my question...

I tried several searches via discussions or google, tried all sorts of advice, nothing works. iTunes Match is on and working. The files are for sure sitting in my backup folder on a drobo, and the link is there between iTunes and my drobo...

I do have the latest ios and operating system versions...

What else can I still check? I have been troubleshooting this for two days now and it is slowly driving me nuts...

Anybody?????

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Core i5 2.8 GHz

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 10:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Catherine Lucas

Hello Catherine Lucas,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes; I know how frustrating that can be. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the source of these songs. The icon you are seeing to the left of these "ineligible" songs (the cloud icon with a slash) usually indicates a song brought in from a non-iTunes Store source (like a CD) that is unable to be uploaded to iTunes Match, as noted here:

iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons - Apple Support

If these songs *were* purchased from the iTunes Store and the icon is in error, you may want to try redownloading them from the store, as outlined in the following article:

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Music unavailable in itunes on imac/Are communities still working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.