Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad app stuck on waiting

I downloaded an app from the App store and the icon "waiting" appeared. Shortly after I downloaded it a message popped up saying that this app is not compatible. However, instead of disappearing like it should, it stayed on my home screen as if it was waiting to be downloaded. I tried deleting it but the app would not be deleted. I tried restarting the iPad many time but it still would not download. I also tried syncing with iTunes but it is still, just no longer with the word "waiting" under it. Also, when deleting the app, it refers to it as "" rather the the name.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:35 AM

5 replies

ipad app stuck on waiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.