Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano (7th) - sync does not find all songs in Library

I just received delivery of the Nano 7th gen and hooked it up to my PC. I have several hundred songs (280 in Purchased Playlist) in iTunes that at one point transferred to an older Nano - the small square one. I get a similar message when synching to it, but since they're already there, the only ones I'm added are those newly purchased so not an issue.

Only 38 sync'd on my new Nano. Several hundred are selected for synchronization. Error message is others "could not be found". Some are from CD's I've loaded into the library but the vast majority are songs I downloaded from the iTunes store over the past 5+ years. I have gone through several laptops since then and they were manually copied from PC to PC if that makes a difference. They do all play in iTunes however.

Thanks.

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:56 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:38 AM in response to mgeorge17

The error was File not Found and had to do with which folder the music was being stored in.

• There was an "iTunes / iTunes Media / Music". This is where things were expected to be by my iPod.
  • Most of my music was stored under "iTunes / iTunes Music" - iTunes liked that but synching to the iPod did not.

I moved all the folder contents over, closed the programs, re-synched and all is fine now. Maybe this can help someone else...

iPod Nano (7th) - sync does not find all songs in Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.