Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I completely Uninstall OS X for Yosemite

I was told I needed to move these items to the trash:

Library/Preferences/com.apple.served.plist

Library/Preferences/com.apple.served_accounts.plist

Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgrd.plist

However I don't have these items, so I am thinking maybe they're for an older version? Does anyone know what items on yosemite need to be deleted?

Mac mini

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:17 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2015 1:21 PM in response to carson74

Yes, you must first erase the drive. Then restore your previous version from an unadulterated backup.

How to Downgrade OS X Yosemite Back to OS X Mavericks. Technically, this isn't possible because you cannot download Mavericks any longer, but you can reinstall Mountain Lion:

Purchase a redemption code at the Online Apple Store: OS X Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion is $19.99 plus tax. Use the code to redeem a download of Mountain Lion from the App Store. The file is quite large, over 4 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.

Mar 25, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Kappy

Right, But I'm having trouble completely erasing the drive. I already deleted server in applications. However when I open Library/Preferences I still have these items:

Library/Preferences/com.apple.Server.v3.plist

Library/Preferences/com.apple.Server.v4.plist

Library/Preferences/com.apple.serveralertproxy.plist

Library/Preferences/com.apple.ServerAssistant.plist

So I'm not sure which of these need to be deleted and which need to stay. I ultimately want to delete what needs to be deleted then go back into my time machine and restore server from before I updated.

Mar 25, 2015 1:32 PM in response to carson74

Nothing needs to be deleted.

Drive Erase for Mavericks, Lion/Mountain Lion

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the arrow button. Select Disk Utility from the main menu and click on the Continue button.

2. After Disk Utility loads select the volume you wish to erase from the left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.

3. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Erase button and wait until the process has completed.

How Do I completely Uninstall OS X for Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.