Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4S issues with wifi connection related to 8.2?

I haven't had issues with this before and have had my phone for 4 months. Suddenly this morning I was alerted I am almost at my data limit and I still have 14 days to go! I noticed my phone wasn't connected to my home wifi! I tried to connect several times and it told me the password was wrong. I know it was right so I restarted my phone, router, and modem. I was able to connect but had to leave for work. When I got to work, I connected to the wifi as well in an attempt to not go over my data. My phone connects, then I look at it a while later, and it says 3G again. I googled the issue and found a lot of people talking about the same problem but it all seems to be from last year. Anyone else having this problem suddenly? I have Sprint.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Community User

Hello Elita One,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To start troubleshooting this issue where your iPhone is dropping different Wi-Fi networks after being connected, I'd like you to please reset your network settings by following the directions outlined below.

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Iphone 4S issues with wifi connection related to 8.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.