Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S was stolen but the thief either put it in airplane mode or turned it off. What do I do?

My iPhone was stolen and this is my first time experiencing this.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2, Stolen white Iphone 4S

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2015 1:47 PM in response to JYall12

If you have Find My iPhone turned on you can use a computer to go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password. You can then send a lock or erase message to your phone. If the their takes the phone off Airplane Mode the phone will get the message and follow your command.

If you did not have Find My iPhone turned on and you didn't have a passcode lock on your phone I highly recommend that you immediately change all password for sites the you visit with your phone. This includes the password for your Apple ID.

Mar 25, 2015 1:48 PM in response to JYall12

See: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Wat you should do immediately is put the phone in Lost mode and erase it by logging in the https://icloud.com/find. This will have no affect until the phone connects to the Internet, but it will have to do that eventually if the thief or the person it is sold to ever tries to use it.

Also: Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support

My iPhone 4S was stolen but the thief either put it in airplane mode or turned it off. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.