Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new rMBP 13" Wifi Problems

I've just set up my newly arrived rMBP, and migrated my prior computer (late 2010 MBA) to it from a Time Machine backupd. I made sure to update the Yosemite version on each first. I had not been having Bluetooth-wifi issues on the MBA since a couple of OS X upgrades back, although I had experienced some of those problems previously. I now find that the MBP is having a slow-wifi issue. If I disable bluetooth, it functions fine. Otherwise, wifi speed slows to a crawl. What can I do? Might I have caused this problem by not doing a clean install?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 12:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 5:35 PM in response to gshall

After myriad tests, I called Apple Support. Following the initial conversation, I had a useful, engaging, educational session with a senior adviser, who took hours with me, while we tried all different things. No success. I live 100 miles and a ferry ride from the nearest Apple store, so none of my options going forward were attractive.

Finally, after we had signed off, I thought of one thing we hadn't tried to isolated during all this work. The Magic Mouse itself (old). It was the mouse. It was the doggone mouse! Mouse and bluetooth on, malfunction. Mouse and bluetooth off, great function. Mouse off, bluetooth running (I made sure to be running my bluetooth speaker, too) -- EUREKA!!! Wi-fi speed was fine.

Moral of the story: test all hardware first.

The mouse is broken. I just ordered a new one.

Brand new rMBP 13" Wifi Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.