Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos that aren't mine are in my iPhoto app.

Recently I went on a vacation with other iPhone users. While uploading my photos from the trip to my mac (via my digital camera) I noticed that I had someone else's albums in my events section of iPhoto. This person was on the trip with me and said her photos weren't syncing with her iPad. Why are they on my computer now? If i delete them, will they delete from her device? Can she see my photos as well? I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to this kind of problem. I also would like to prevent it from happening in the future.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:52 PM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2015 2:14 PM in response to cstein412

No way to know with details

what version of iphoto? Of the OS? where exactly do you see her photos in iPhoto?

One guess is that you have subscribed to a shared photo stream of hers

Another is that she logged into your iCloud account on her phone and MyPhotoStream is downloading to you Mac

There are other possibliites but unless you provide details no one can tell or explain how to spot it

LN

Photos that aren't mine are in my iPhoto app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.