Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

laptop crashed ipod factory reset and laptop is unable to open itunes anymore so my ipod is unusable because it wants original icloud but i dont have the email address, tried everything, have proof of purchase too

My laptop crashed halfway through a update and my ipod did a factory reset so it went back to the beggining where it says 'hello' and now my laptop is unable to open itunes anymore so my ipod is unusable because it wants original icloud but i dont have the email address, I have tried everything and have proof of purchase too, should I take it to a normal phone repair shop? or how can I send it to a apple store to be sent off? It literally just needs my account to be deleted off the ipod to be used again, can apple help me?

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:39 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2015 12:44 PM in response to cholley1

Try:

Is there a way to find my Apple ID Name if I can't remember it?

Yes. Visit My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID. See Finding your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

If you are the original purchaser and have proof of purchase

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Also, Apple may be able to help via email or phone. See:

Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us

laptop crashed ipod factory reset and laptop is unable to open itunes anymore so my ipod is unusable because it wants original icloud but i dont have the email address, tried everything, have proof of purchase too

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.