Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New contacts created on phone only, not sync'd with Exchange

A user with an iPhone 5s running IOS 8.2 is having an issue where if he has the Contacts On My Phone group enabled in addition to his Exchange contacts, any new contacts are created on phone only and NOT sync'd to Outlook/Exchange via ActiveSync (OTA). If he turns off the display of the group 'On My Phone', and then creates a new contact, the contact is created in the Exchange group and is sync'd properly. However, if from a recent call, he chooses Create New Contact, it is creating the contact on the phone only and resulting in no sync with Outlook/Exchange. How do you turn off the option to store contacts on the Phone? My iPhone (same version) doesn't even show that Group under Contacts and therefore, I don't have an issue syncing.

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:12 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Damon Betlow

Hey Damon,

You can change the default location of where a contact is saved by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll down to the Contacts section and look at Default Account options to change where newly created contacts are saved to. You can find out more information with the link below.

Contacts settings

http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iph96b20610

Take care,

-Norm G.

New contacts created on phone only, not sync'd with Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.