Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy large video from iPod to PC?

How do I copy a large video from my iPod Touch 5 (iOS 8) to my Windows 8.1 PC?

I had connected the iPod to the PC using the Lighting-to-USB cable, selected "Trust" this computer, but I could not locate that long video on the iPod, which was not in the same folder where shorter videos were. On the iPod, in Photos, I could see and play that long video, however.

I then tried using iCloud for Windows, but the iCloud service cannot transfer my file unless I upgrade the service due to the large file size. I don't plan to do that.

As far as I can tell, the iPod has no file manager--or where is it?

Will USB drives work with the iPod? I don't even see an SD or microSD slot.

Also--I can't find any settings for it--is there a setting to save long video recordings to smaller files?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:57 PM

How did the video get on the iPod?

How large is the file?

What windows version?

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 10:57 PM in response to Tufted Parrot

The video does play on the iPod, right?

- Try a computer app like iFunBox (free) to access the iPod and get the video. Also see:

http://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-transfer-videos-from-iphone-to-computer.htm

- Use iMovie to break apart the video into smaller parts and save them and then export to the computer. Make sure yo do not modify the original video

iMovie for iOS (iPad): Share to other devices or apps

How to copy large video from iPod to PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.