Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does CNNGo for Apple TV not work with Comcast/Xfinity?

I see Apple TV added CNN Go today and I read an article that says "CNNgo is available through Comcast..." but when I open app on Apple TV and go to the activation site to enter code and it asks for your provider, no Comcast or Xfinity in list. Am I just blind or is it not available with Comcast/Xfinity through Apple TV for some reason? I can watch CNN Go on my web browser just fine.

Thank You

iPhone 6, iOS 8, null

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 12:21 AM

It looks like CNN can be added to list of channels Comcast blocked on the Apple TV.

20 replies

Mar 27, 2015 6:53 PM in response to dustman9000

EXactly what I don't get...works on all these other Apple devices, but they don't allow on Apple TV. I feel like besides lifetime, history and a&e I have to hide so many apps BECAUSE a of Comcast. I want to use history and A&E on my Apple TV but of course, Comcast has some excuse to not allowe it...as big as they are, no excuses When all these other providers allow it.

With all the all the views of my questio, it looks like I'm not the only one ticked off and wondering why. Unreal...come on crapcast.

Mar 28, 2015 8:21 AM in response to dustman9000

dustman9000 wrote:

Strange that I can install the CNNGo on my iPhone or iPad and get authenticated through Comcast xfinity, but the AppleTV doesn't show comcast as a provider when you activate it. Seems like lack of coordination between groups at Apple to me.

Blatantly wrong. Apple has nothing to do with this. Other providers like DISH and Direct TV are listed on the supported providers. Comcast and Charter (my cable provider) have chosen to not allow their content on the AppleTV. THEY decided this, NOT Apple. Your beef is with your content provider. Ask them why they won’t allow the Apple TV to activate on their systems.

May 1, 2015 12:58 PM in response to alanpgh

I Just got off the phone with a very helpful Comcast employee. After doing some research, and having me try various attempts to AirPlay Comcast content to a TV to which my AppleTV is connected, he concluded that at least it's a problem between Apple and Comcast. Apple won't put certain Comcast Apps on the Apple TV (e,g., the TV App, the TV GO App...) and so Comcast won't let Apple TV users AirPlay material from anApple device to a TV that could be viewed directly on the TV using the Comcast Apps not found on AppleTV.

The Comcast guy was making a report and would escalate it, and he encouraged me to file a complaint with Apple for not putting the Comcast Apps on AppleTV. So I will do that. I encourage everyone who reads this post to do the same -- call Apple out on their refusal to load Comcast's Apps onto Apple TV.

Does CNNGo for Apple TV not work with Comcast/Xfinity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.