Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message sound alerts not working.

Hello all,

I am very new to this forum and so I apologise if someone else has asked this. I have an iPhone 5s with the iOS 8.2 software.

I updated my phone with the iOS 8.2 software and ever since my text messages and whatsapp message alerts are not making any noise. I have double checked my speakers and they are working. I have also double checked the settings and they are all set to make sound.

Please can anyone advise me what to do and is anyone else having this problem?

Thank you in advance.

LawzyM

xxx

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Lawzym

Greetings Lawzym,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after updating to the most current version of iOS, Messages and WhatsApp are no longer making alert sounds. I also understand that you have performed some good troubleshooting on your own as well by verifying that your iPhone speaker is working as expected and verifying that the alert sound is still turned on for both apps. In this situation, there are two different troubleshooting steps that I would recommend.

First I would recommend completely closing both applications using the instructions located in the following attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After they are closed, I would suggest performing a reset on your iPhone. To do this, please follow the steps in the next attached article.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Text message sound alerts not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.