Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro does not boot after enabling Filevault

macbook pro with OS 10.9.2 : after enabling encryption ran in to a problem and did not startup.

did the followings:

- loaded to recovery mode: command-R

- disk utility- verify disk> repair disk

- tried to reinstall OS : did not work

- re-partitioned the hard drive

- tried to install it from bootable Mac os installation : it worked but after running the software update it did not start up again....

- sent the mac to repair store to replace the hard drive with SSD hard : they setup the hard with mac os 10.9.5

- installed all the software update

- enabled the file-vault " this time it finished the encryption but when started up and tried to login with user account it got frozen and did not work and so on ...

- again tried to go to recovery mod and repair the hard and reinstall OS but it did not install the OS

- had to again repartition the hard ...

PS: the macbook loads fine with the OS on External hard disk .

this is really frustrating, can somebody tell me what's wrong with this mac why this issue happens after enabling encryption and why the issue is not gone even after reformatting the partition...

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2015 1:23 PM

I finally fixed the issue myself 🙂

The macbook had a RAM issue: Replaced the RAM and it is fine now.

1 reply

macbook pro does not boot after enabling Filevault

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.