Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old Airport Express that won't connect/set up with Yosemite. Any help appreciated

Hi, as the title suggests I have an old Airport Express that I have always used wirelessly to connect to my hifi but now that I have upgraded to Yosemite it won't connect via Airport Utility 6.3.4 and Yosemite won't let me use Airport Utility 5.6 Seems I'm stuck between a rock and hard place! Ethernet is no use as the hifi is in another room. Yosemite is running on an iMac and is connected wirelessly to Virgin Broadband. Thanks, Alex.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:46 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 5:58 AM in response to alexanderfrombearsden

If the AirPort Express is very old, such as the original 802.11b/g - only models A1084 or A1088 you will need a commensurately older version of both AirPort Utility and OS X to configure it. Those models were discontinued about seven years ago and support for them is gone. Ethernet won't make a difference anyway.

You may find instructions or links to web sites with instructions to modify OS X in an effort to circumvent that restriction. I cannot emphasize enough just how bad an idea that would be.

I have an old Airport Express that won't connect/set up with Yosemite. Any help appreciated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.