Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 8.0.2 Dropping Bluetooth Headset Calls

I finally opted to get rid of the LANd line and go solo with my iPhone as the primary phone device in my home office and I needed a good Bluetooth headset. I bought a Jawbone Icon HD and found that the connection was dropping daily, many times per day, poor sound quality, etc. My knee-jerk reaction is it can't be my phone so I bought another headset, a Plantronics Voyager Legend. Aaaaaand, same issues. I had upgraded through the iOS releases and was running 8.0.2. I tried the various resetting options multiple times only to get the same results. As a last-ditch effort I wiped the phone and installed 8.0.2 from scratch, configuring the phone as a brand new phone. And still I'm having the same issues. How do I get this resolved?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, 128 GB

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 3:07 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 3:42 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Just in case anyone runs into this like I did, apparently AT&T iPhones sometimes have an issue with audio going out due to the phone activation process. This can occur with any connection, bluetooth, ear buds, and even the handset itself. After working with the Apple Genius we removed the sim card, added it to another phone, waited for the activation, then moved it back and waited for the activation. This took care of the issue.

iPhone 6 8.0.2 Dropping Bluetooth Headset Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.