Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook keeps restarting?

My Macbook keeps restarting ever since I got it repaired because I spilled coffee in it. It freezes first and then shuts down, and then shows this error report:

User uploaded file

My Macbook keeps restarting ever since I got it repaired because I spilled coffee in it. It freezes first and then shuts down, and then shows this error report:

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 2:47 PM

11 replies

Mar 26, 2015 8:54 AM in response to sigrid kofod

OK good, So you're 8 hours ahead of me here on the West coast of the U.S..

I'm not an expert at reading these panic logs. I'm more a hardware guy.

" I returned it to the place where I bought it because I have insurance there. I don't know what was done"

OK that's good and pretty nice considering that that wouldn't happen here in the US.

"yes, there was sugar in the coffee. "

So since sugar is hydroscopic there would be ongoing damage if the sugar reached the logic board. Does the keyboard feel sticky?

In a case like this probably the entire top case and logic board needs to be replaced.

Also here's my standard blurb about a liquid incident:

"Whenever a liquid spill occurs the first thing that has to happen is the laptop should be shut down immediately. All power must be removed as soon as possible.

It is especially important that the battery be disconnected and removed.

No attempt should be made to start/restart the computer since this could potentially damage the logic board beyond all repair.

All affected parts must be removed from the laptop and carefully and closely inspected. Any involved area should be marked for special treatment."

If this was not done in your case then the sugared coffee would have caused corrosion on the logic board and ultimately lead to it's death.

I continue here: "Then all affected parts would be washed in deionized water and blown dry with compressed air. (In a water spill the deionized water is probably not as critical. Depends on the mineral content of the water.).

This is especially true of the large chips on the logic board. Liquid can wick under them and cause havoc for weeks if not months and years after the incident, depends on the liquid..

The logic board should be placed in a drying/dehumidifing oven for at least two days. Longer depending on the spill.The keyboard is a separate matter."

The keyboard can also be damaged in this incident but I'm afraid the problem is unfortunately in the logic board.

Quoting myself here:

"No attempt should be made to start/restart the computer since this could potentially damage the logic board beyond all repair."

You'll have to take it back to the place where you have insurance and tell them the repair they did did no fix your computer. They need to do it again only right this time. Allowing you to continue using a coffee immersed logic board would definitely cause this problem.

Did you have a Time Machine backup?

If not your hard drive/SSD would still probably be OK. Depending on the year made it would be easy/hard to retrieve your data.

And on that note, It will make it easier to help you w/ your problem to know the exact model, size, year built, RAM installed and OS you're running.

My Macbook keeps restarting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.