Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some images disappear in Safari after page loads

On some webpages, there's a problem with Safari showing images. For a brief second, the image appears and then a blue question mark inside a blank square appears where the image had been. When I load the same webpage with Firefox the image shows without a problem. I've disabled the few extensions I'm running in Safari to no avail. Again, with or without extensions, Firefox displays properly (they're both using the same extensions). I'm using Yosemite 10.10.2 with Safari 8.0.4. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 3:54 PM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2015 7:28 PM in response to Randy FitzPatrick

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Some images disappear in Safari after page loads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.