Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Settings from iCloud

HI just got a brand new iPhone from Apple store. It was a replacement for a previous phone that just wouldn't work anymore.

Thought I could figure out the setup on new phone since I've done it before but immediately ran into the following issue:

When trying to restore settings from iCloud - I choose the most recent back up - then it starts working on it - then I get the following error message: "Lost network connection. Your iPHone could not be restored because you are no longer connected to the internet."

I can't access internet settings or anything for that matter in order to continue.

Help!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 12:41 PM

Hi kristydrums,

From your post I see that you've received a network connection alert when trying to restore from an iCloud Backup. To help resolve this issue please follow the information outlined below.

I see connection alerts while restoring

After your settings and accounts are restored, your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Photo Library (or Camera Roll),and other content. You can use your device normally during this time, but if you receive an alert or can't restore, connect your device to a power source and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.Then wait until your device is restored to use it.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Have a great weekend,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 12:41 PM in response to kristydrums

Hi kristydrums,

From your post I see that you've received a network connection alert when trying to restore from an iCloud Backup. To help resolve this issue please follow the information outlined below.

I see connection alerts while restoring

After your settings and accounts are restored, your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Photo Library (or Camera Roll),and other content. You can use your device normally during this time, but if you receive an alert or can't restore, connect your device to a power source and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.Then wait until your device is restored to use it.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Have a great weekend,

Alex H.

Restore Settings from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.