Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage shuts itself off. Settings > messages freezes up.

this started roughly after the 8.2 update. My iMessage shuts itself off and I'd need to reboot phone. Same issue occurred unless I left it alone for several hrs (both which I shouldn't have to do). Now when iMessages is turned off, if I go to settings > messages, the phone freezes and kicks me out of the settings app. *** is going on?!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 5:19 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 1:29 PM in response to NicRocPer

Hello NicRocPer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after the latest iOS update you noticed Messages not behaving expected. In this situation, there are a few troubleshooting steps that I would recommend.

First, I would recommend completely closing the Messages application as described in the attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After Messages is closed, please sign out of iMessages completely by following the instructions in the next attached article.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
  4. Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.

After you have signed out, please reset your iPhone and then sign back into iMessages to test the situation. If the issue continues please let me know.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

iMessage shuts itself off. Settings > messages freezes up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.