Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio garbled on import from Canon XA10 to FCPX

I'm running the current FCPX on the current Yosemite OS on a maxed out Late 2012 Mac Mini. Just bought a Canon XA10 and recorded HiDef clips to the internal HD. During recording I monitored the audio on headphones and it was good. When I play back the clips on the camera, again the audio is good. But when I import them to FCPX the audio is garbled. You can make out the sync comments but the audio is terrible, not anywhere close to what I heard outside of FCPX. First I imported all 12 clips. Then I tried just importing 1 clip to a different Library. Even tried exporting a .mov from the project and playing it on Quicktime. Always same result. Canon, Mac or FCPX problem? Thanks!

mini

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 5:24 PM

7 replies

Mar 25, 2015 6:43 PM in response to Alchroma

Thanks Al. I recorded HD in 30p 24Mbps, Canon's MXP 1920x1080. Then I imported the clips into a FCPX SD project, 720x480 29.97. I think this is a Mac issue not FCPX since I opened the Canon file on my desktop and copied the entire AVCHD file. When I play back the clips on Quicktime, I get the same audio problem as I get in the browser and project in FCPX.

Mar 26, 2015 7:43 AM in response to flushme06

With the current footage you are using I cannot think of a reason why FCP X is messing with the audio.

Things to try:

Shoot more footage on a different card with different settings. Avoid mixing different types of footage on the one card/storage device.

Try adjusting Project audio settings in FCP X e.g.. 5.1 to stereo, stereo to dual mono etc.

Tinker until you hit a workable combination if you are lucky. 🙂

BTW: I searched the FCP X forum and there is info regarding the XA10 and capturing, some good and bad reports but nothing definitive.

At least a few users have had success with that camera using FCP X.

Al

Audio garbled on import from Canon XA10 to FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.