Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated my phone. Memory issues.

i updated my phone, big mistake. now im getting storage almost full messages. I deleted almost everything from my phone. Earlier today I had 1.7gb available. I got the message that my storage was almost full again. whe. I checked it kept changing the amount available. it was different from the general page to the storage page. Every time I change screens the available amount changes. What's going on with my phone??User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:48 PM

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If this does not work, set it back to factory settings, without using a backup, explained here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 11:48 PM in response to Dbellis4

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If this does not work, set it back to factory settings, without using a backup, explained here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

updated my phone. Memory issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.