Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No netflix audio

I previously had the AppleTV Gen2, used the same TV, same sound bar, HDMI, optical audio cable. The audio works everywhere else, but when playing content in Netflix. I've tried switching HDMI ports and resetting, still nothing. I have audio when scrolling through netflix, but nothing when I play content.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2015 2:06 PM in response to specialone

Hello specialone,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you have audio playback in everyting on the Apple TV except for content played back in Netflix, then I recommend you follow the troubleshooting below, ending in possibly contacting Netflix.

If you have playback issues with a content provider's services

In most cases, you can isolate playback issues to your home network, your broadband connection, or a possible outage with a content provider. To see if your issue is affecting multiple services or a specific content provider, try another service. For example, play a movie trailer from the main menu.

• If the issue is affecting multiple services on your Apple TV, see how to troubleshoot playback performance.
  • If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

No netflix audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.