Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Artwork

I've updated a few songs with the correct album artwork due to the wrong album being listed. In the futire when I purchase a new computer, will that artwork transfer over with my media library or will I have to fix these songs again?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Speaking only for myself I've had success with keeping my iTunes on a separate drive from the os. When I do a new build and reinstall iTunes I import my library back into it and it keeps almost all of the artwork intact. If I see missing artwork I ctrl-a all of the albums and do a group find artwork. If anything Is left afterwards then I do them individually. I wish that iTunes kept the artwork in the album folder like winamp so it would always be there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 6:40 PM in response to swsmith81

Speaking only for myself I've had success with keeping my iTunes on a separate drive from the os. When I do a new build and reinstall iTunes I import my library back into it and it keeps almost all of the artwork intact. If I see missing artwork I ctrl-a all of the albums and do a group find artwork. If anything Is left afterwards then I do them individually. I wish that iTunes kept the artwork in the album folder like winamp so it would always be there.

Mar 27, 2015 6:25 AM in response to swsmith81

Avoid using .wav as an audio format and make sure all artwork is embedded. I have two scripts that can help with this, CreateFolderArt and EmbedFolderArt.

The scripts have a slightly different purpose.

CreateFolderArt ensures that every album folder ends up with a Folder.jpg image which is the art that iTunes already knows about. Side effects are that if artwork has been updated in iTunes the folder art should be updated also, and if any track from the album doesn't have embedded artwork it gets embedded.

EmbedFolderArt was actually written for someone who already had various artwork images stored in the folders and wanted them added to their tracks, but not if iTunes had already downloaded a better quality image.

You should be able to add these tracks to any other library and all of the tag information will come too.

See also Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy. This provides a method for backing up the library properly. You can use the same tool to restore the library into your new computer when the time comes.

tt2

Album Artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.