Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update and can't get library to repair

After updating my OS X to Yosemite, 10.10.2, In order to get iPhoto working I pdgraded to version 9.6.1. When I go to open it, I get this window.

User uploaded file

I select repair, Enter in my password and it appears try to do its thing, but gives me the following message

User uploaded file

I click OK and it promptly closes.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro (Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 11:39 PM

Couple of things to try:

Restart your mac and try launch iPhoto again.

If that fails:

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a file called ‘iPhoto’Lock.data or similar. Drag it to the Desktop. Make no other changes. Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If not: Where is your iPhoto Library stored? If it's on an External Disk, what format is that?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 11:39 PM in response to Mojave Ampworks

Couple of things to try:

Restart your mac and try launch iPhoto again.

If that fails:

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a file called ‘iPhoto’Lock.data or similar. Drag it to the Desktop. Make no other changes. Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If not: Where is your iPhoto Library stored? If it's on an External Disk, what format is that?

Update and can't get library to repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.