Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving a Project for Future Use

Hello...

I recently spent two days working with Adobe and Geek Squad rectifying an issue...to make a long story short...something is wrong with my operating system and hence I need to take into for repair. I have a project on iMovie which I need to save in case they have to wipe out my system and start over. How can I do this? I do not want to lose this as it is for a client. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Melissa

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:01 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Itliana

Assuming you are using iMovie 10 just copy the library to an external drive, memory stick or SD card. If you have used media from your iTunes, iPhoto or other Apple apps, they are not copied to the library but linked to from it. There is a risk that these links may break after a system reinstall and in this case you should 'consolidate' your media so as to move everything needed into the library. Details at:

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#mov882dee351

When you want to open copied library in iMovie just select File - Open Library and if it is not listed choose "other" and navigate to it. Alternatively double click on the library.

Geoff.

Saving a Project for Future Use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.