Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPhone 4 got wet, can it be repaired?

My Iphone 4 got submerged in water, I took it out very quick and dryed it (someone told me to store it in uncooked rice for a long time, but I'm in doubt. Can it be repaired?

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 6:17 PM

You can try the rice trick, for 5-7 days, but if you were not able to turn it off, if may not help. You can make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store and purchase an out of warranty replacement, which is the same model, size and color of your current phone. Or, you can see about just purchasing a brand new device. While the devices can come back sometimes, it is generally short lived. It then becomes WHEN will the device fail, not IF it will fail.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 6:17 PM in response to maujd

You can try the rice trick, for 5-7 days, but if you were not able to turn it off, if may not help. You can make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store and purchase an out of warranty replacement, which is the same model, size and color of your current phone. Or, you can see about just purchasing a brand new device. While the devices can come back sometimes, it is generally short lived. It then becomes WHEN will the device fail, not IF it will fail.

My IPhone 4 got wet, can it be repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.