Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X rendering

For some reason I can render a project, close the system, then when I open it again it seems to start rendering again..... Anyone know why it might do this? I render long projects with a lot of graphics for motorsport in preparation for the commentator to arrive, then when he does and I open a project we have to wait for it to render, which can take 20 minutes in some cases on my system. Very annoying!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 2:24 AM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2015 3:50 AM in response to PSCAlan

This issue is not uncommon. I guess you have automatically render turned off. But you actually do not need to render anything only when you have problems with playback in the timeline. You can export unrendered files without issue. I have no idea why this happens what you describe, but it happens. I had this issue with older version of FCPX. Not in current version. What version of FCPX are you running ?

FCP X rendering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.