Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add audio under the video track?

i have not used iMovie in a long time, so it does not look familiar to me. I'm trying to edit on iMovie 10.0.7 running on MacBook Pro on Mac OS X 10.10.2.

I have a 10-minute Quicktime movie that has no audio on it.

I want to add a 10-minute MP3 audio track under the video.

I imported the video to iMovie. I can show the audio track area by choosing Show Waveform on the View menu.

When I drag or import the audio file to the video, it inserts the audio before the video, but not under it. The audio will play, and then the video will play. I have tried several times to drag the audio to the area below the video, but maybe I'm not inserting it in the correct place.

How can I get the audio and the video playing simultaneously?

iMovie 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:11 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Yes, I did this. When I drag the clip to what I think is the "background music well", as noted in the manual, it pops into the main timeline before the movie, not into the music well as instructed.

It may be that I am not dragging it to the correct place, or that the "background music well" is not open or available. I cannot tell. I have tried to drag it to several places on the timeline, but it does not seem to go to the correct place, under the video.

How can I add audio under the video track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.