Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

make my iPhone stop downloading Match songs I do not want on it

I tried deleting 60+ music disks from my iPhone so I could
fit new music. I noticed it getting warm in my pocket. I found all the 6.9 GB
had re-downloaded. Now I have deleted them again and have turned off Match. How
do I stop it from downloading older stuff I do not want on there anymore? I hate
to pay for wasted bandwidth. Or how do I cancel the service since I know that will
stop it?

Match

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Hey stephenfromredmond,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with iTunes Match. It is possible that you may need to simply adjust a setting to affect the behavior you are having issues with. Try using the information in this link to adjust your Music settings to see if this accomplishes the desired goal:

View only music that’s downloaded. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Under Show All, turn off Music.

iCloud and iTunes Match - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iphb8d9fd5a6

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 2:50 PM in response to stephenfromredmond

Hey stephenfromredmond,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with iTunes Match. It is possible that you may need to simply adjust a setting to affect the behavior you are having issues with. Try using the information in this link to adjust your Music settings to see if this accomplishes the desired goal:

View only music that’s downloaded. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store. Under Show All, turn off Music.

iCloud and iTunes Match - iPhone

http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iphb8d9fd5a6

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Mar 28, 2015 10:00 PM in response to braden85

Helped I think though I will need a bit of time since I turned most of it off. The method I tried to use was:

"Remove a song that’s been downloaded. Swipe left, then tap Delete. The song is removed from iPhone, but remains available from iCloud."

and I thought that had worked since my phone showed all those 7 GB gone. I have gone to each album, swiped to get the red delete button and it was gone. Then a couple hours later I find that they are mostly back and some are still trying to re-download. That is crazy. There should be some way to have know I deleted these and I did not want them back. I have not turned it back on since I am not sure it won't start downloading again. I did use this to turn off auto downloads

Automatically download music purchased on another device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, sign in using your Apple ID, then turn on Music under Automatic Downloads.

When I did not use Match I could just place a check mark or clear it and I could shift music on to and off of the phone very smoothly.

I do appreciate you pointing me to the page which has these steps spelled out. Thanks

make my iPhone stop downloading Match songs I do not want on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.