Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod 5 wont turn off after Heating up.

My Ipod wont turn on. It was working fine during the morning however, it started to heat up and shut down. Now it wont turn on.. I tried connecting it to Itunes and reboot it but that doesnt seem to be working. ( I also drained it for a couple of days then charging it) Does anyone know the possible problem and how to fix it or how much to fix it( My warranty expired)? I could really use some help please and thank you. P.S My ipod is not cracked nor does it have any severe damages on its exterior, only minor scratches.

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:34 PM

OK, so are you certain it is charged? If you are not certain, then plug it in and let it charge for 30 minutes or so.

If you think it does have a charge, or if you have done the 30 minute thing, try resetting the device: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If the Apple appears, the Slide to Unlock screen will display when the reset is complete.

Cheers,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 8:34 PM in response to Mariah.exc

OK, so are you certain it is charged? If you are not certain, then plug it in and let it charge for 30 minutes or so.

If you think it does have a charge, or if you have done the 30 minute thing, try resetting the device: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). If the Apple appears, the Slide to Unlock screen will display when the reset is complete.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 26, 2015 1:16 AM in response to Mariah.exc

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My Ipod 5 wont turn off after Heating up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.