Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any help from apple with linking text blocks in pages?

I finally caved and updated to Yosemite. Pages has been my go-to page layout forever. But now I cannot link text blocks??? Is there a work around?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 8:59 PM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2015 1:11 AM in response to luanfromparkland

About 100+ features never made it from Pages '09 v4.3 into Pages v5. Facing pages, builtin mail merge, and linked check boxes are just three of the casualties of progress. The work around for missing Text box linking is to use Pages '09, or a non-Apple word processing package that supports that feature.

The iWork '09 DVD applications (with mandatory Apple 9.3 updater) work well on Yosemite. If you purchased and downloaded individual iWork '09 applications from the OS X App Store prior to Oct. 2013, these can move to Yosemite on a USB stick, as they are a different application design to the DVD versions. I have both Pages v5.5.2 and Pages '09 v4.3 on Yosemite 10.10.2.

any help from apple with linking text blocks in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.