Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows cannot write to boot camp

I am using OS X 10.9.4 and boot camp is running windows 7. When I try to get onto windows it won't let me so I checked some code and it turned out that Windows cannot write to boot camp. Please help me solve this.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 9:45 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2015 3:43 AM in response to Fluffy89502

Fluffy89502 wrote:

I am using OS X 10.9.4 and boot camp is running windows 7. When I try to get onto windows it won't let me so I checked some code and it turned out that Windows cannot write to boot camp. Please help me solve this.

Does 'get onto Windows' mean you rebooted your machine and switched from OSX to Windows?

When you check 'some' code, is it the Windows Event Viewer error codes you are referring to?

Windows cannot and has never been able to write to Bootcamp. Bootcamp is a utility (Assistant) and an Installation Manager. Default behavior between OSX and Windows files systems is that they can read files, but cannot write files across partitions which contain these OSes.

Windows cannot write to boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.